One of the delights of running Amaranthine Blooms is the fabulous feedback that we receive from our customers around the world. My favourite story this week was where a lady told me that her Casablanca lilies looked so real, her cleaner had put them in water!
Here are our top tips on how to convince your friends and family that your artificial flowers are real…. and don’t worry, it’s our secret!
- Vase: If your chosen vase is opaque, you can simply bend the stems to sit at the perfect height however if you have opted for a clear glass vase there are a few tricks you can use to make sure your blooms look as realistic as possible
- Stems: Trim the stems of your flowers to just the right length (use a pair of wire cutters or garden secateurs) and reseal the ends with a spot of glue (PVA works well)
- Leaves: Remove any leaves from the lower parts of the stem, just as you would with real flowers
- Arrange your flowers: Bending the stems just below the head will encourage the heads to fall naturally over the side of the vase (this works particularly well with our large hydrangeas and peonies)
- Water: From time to time, when you have visitors, put a little water in the bottom of your vase, leave for no more than 1-2 days and allow stems to dry out again in between. This has fooled many dinner party guests! (Some stems are not suitable for placing in water, contact us if you have any questions)
- Cleaning: Keep your flowers clean. Use a hairdryer on a cool setting to remove dust regularly (more frequently on white flowers) and a damp cloth to remove any marks.
- Dust: Don’t forget to keep the vase clean as well
- Quality: And, of course, select the best quality artificial flowers from Amaranthine Blooms!